Über Notlicht | 10. April 2017
How often must emergency lighting be checked?
Full functionality of emergency lighting is a must – after all, people’s lives are at stake. This makes it all the more important that emergency lighting works perfectly in case of emergency, therefore it must be checked regularly.
How often and what exactly has to be checked in an emergency lighting system depends on the used emergency lighting system.
In order to guarantee functional reliability, §10 of ÖVE/ÖNORM E 8002 and §6 of TRVB E 102 regulate the corresponding operator obligations by law.
- Daily functional check of the emergency lighting
- Annual maintenance according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Annual manual check of device functions
- Annual duration test about the required nominal operating time
- Complete test report for at least 3 years retrospective
- Control of required illuminance every 2 years